Sunday, April 26, 2009

Semester Project: Reflections

(I think Brandi has started a trend...one that I think is interesting for others to post on their blogs. :) )

This semester has been the most gut-checking and emotional semester I've ever been. However, it was for the better. I had no idea what to expect this semester, not just for myself, but for others in Stan's class as well. Even for meeting up with people outside of our class. All in all, I can say it has made me a better designer and a stronger fighter. Pushing designs and taking on different challenges within this group made me more mature in decision making. So I am thankful for all the critiques, comments on the blogs, and even the chats on the side.

As the semester is coming to a close, my hope and desire is that we continue to push each other to become better designers and artists. That we continue to network and engage in each others' projects. We have a strong core of designers, and I'm sure any firm would welcome our integrity any day. Or even to the point of creating our own firm someday. It can happen. With that, I hope people will continue to blog designs and projects, to showcase to colleagues and potential clients.

In closing, I again thank everyone for helping me get better, for telling me like it is (you guys remember the first critiques for my client - :D ), and for pushing me. Good luck on the portfolio, and I hope we stay in touch. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment