Friday, April 24, 2009

Chairs

I attended the gallery showing for Chairs tonight at GSU's Art Gallery. It was constructed by Drawing/Painting graduate Jessica Scott-Felder. And let me just say, if you haven't see the drawings, you must see it. And for everyone who missed her performance (yes she had a very interesting performance) missed it. Patti was there, so she knows what I'm talking about.

After Jessica's performance, Patti grabbed my attention about the book that was compiled:


The cover quickly grabbed my attention, just like Jessica's performance. I was really amazed with the quality of the pages displaying her artwork. Plus, I'm a sucker for black and white! As long as it's used in a well thought out concept (gotta know how to use positive and negative shapes). Check her book out if you like, it's really nice. :) Need to get a copy when I can get a chance.

It's very inspirational to see others create a book, have it published and showcase it to others. Hopefully I will have a volume of comics to sell in a book within the next year or so. :) Any takers? LOL

Have a great weekend guys, good luck mounting!

No comments:

Post a Comment