Saturday, February 6, 2010

So Tres...Why So Serious?

I'm doing my best to get back into drawing, even with all the projects I have to do for class. Drawing has always been a passion of mine, and I don't want to forget to pay the respects of those who inspire me to draw. So while most of my projects won't incorporate drawing necessarily, I am still gonna draw to keep my chops up.

I did these sketches while I started work at 4am in the morning (yes, I work from 4am to 8am on Saturday mornings):



I was reading a couple of articles on the recent Oscar nominations, and how it was interesting that they would nominate Avatar...but they wouldn't nominate the Dark Knight as Best Picture. Seeing they both burst out in the billions. Anyway, as I continued to read, I saw a picture link for Heath (not Hancock) Ledger's the Joker...and I thought it would be awesome to do a spin on him. :) I think he turned out pretty good, while practicing positive and negative shapes.


This one is actually a sketch of Johnny Depp, believe it or not. I just thought the hairstyle was something interesting to try. I need to get out of my comfort zone of just creating a solid block for the hair...and start playing around with the hair lines inside the shape....make it more defined, and more play as well.

I hope you guys like these sketches! :) I had fun working on these, learning, pushin, and just going for my spin, not an exact copy of the photo.

1 comment: